The Latin name Anethum Graveolens dill in English, which means calming is called Dill . Thanks to its powerful antioxidant substances, it provides positive contributions to human health in many ways. Now, if you wish, dill nutritional values, dill benefits, dill damage let’s learn about the information and table dough we do not lack from pastries, salads and meals more closely.
What is dill
Dill is known to be the motherland of Asia. In our country, it is easily grown in every region. Its average length is 120 – 130 cm. The collection of dill, which is a family of scented plants, is carried out in autumn.
The Nutritional Value of the Dill
100 g of dill nutritional values are as follows;
- Calories; 17 kcal
- Carbohydrate; 7 g
- Dietary fiber; 2, 1 g
- Oil; 1.1 g
- Protein; 3.5 g
- vitamin A; 1017 IU
- vitamin C; 70 mg
- vitamin B1; 0.1 mg
- vitamin B2; 0.3 mg
- vitamin B6; 0, 2 mg
- Niacin; 1.6 mg
- Pantothenic acid; 0.4 mg
- Folate; 150 micrograms
- Magnesium; 55 mg
- Iron; 6, 6 g
- Calcium; 208 mg
- Manganese; 1,3 g
- Phosphorus; 66 mg
- Potassium; 738 mg
- Sodium; 61 mg
- Copper; 0.14 mg
- Zinc; 0.9 mg
The Benefits of Dill
Usually consumed raw dill plants are used in olive oil dishes, salads, soups and many pastries and dishes for ornamental purposes. The benefits of dill can be listed as follows;
- Dill shows very effective results against nausea and abdominal pain.
- Can be used in adults and children as it relieves gas pains.
- Dill, which has breast-enhancing effects, is also recommended to be consumed regularly by nursing mothers.
- Minimizes the discomfort of stomach ulcers.
- Dill is also very useful for the nervous system. Helps you to sleep comfortably with a calming effect.
- Abundant calcium content has provided an important role in bone and muscle health. Dill, which strengthens the bones especially in children, minimizes the risk of bone disease in adults and the elderly.
- Dill also minimizes insulin fluctuations. It prevents blood sugar from rising and falling suddenly.
- Effective bacterial action against germs with effective bacterial strength. Strengthens the immune system.
- Another effect listed among the benefits of dill is good for hiccups. Dill cuts hiccups due to allergies or nervous disorders. It also eliminates the factors that cause this type of hiccups.
- Dill, which is very effective against indigestion, is known to stop diarrhea in a very short time.
- Thanks to its natural essential oils, its disinfecting property is strong. With this feature, it prevents the formation of infections such as fungal and dysentery.
- It plays an important role in the treatment of inflammatory rheumatism, gout and arthritis.
- Minimizes menstrual pains in menstrual period. It balances blood flow and pain prevents cramps.
- Dill shows the ability to clear organs in the respiratory system. Treats respiratory problems.
- Dill also has a very important place in oral care. It removes bad breath and protects teeth and gums against decay.
- Dill, with its calming effect, reduces depression.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Minimizes the formation of cramps.
- It shows significant effects in the treatment of epilepsy.
- Helps digestion.
Damages to the dill
Like any natural plant, dill can have various harmful effects if not consciously consumed. Damages of dill are as follows;
- Excessive dill consumption during pregnancy may cause stomach and abdominal pain complaints increase.
- Although it is said to increase breast milk, while consuming dill, breastfeeding mothers should pay attention to daily consumption.
- Skin sensitization may increase the harmful effects of the sun even further, especially if they are exposed to sunlight immediately after eating dill.
- Excessive consumption of dill before surgery can adversely affect blood flow and blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of dill also causes allergic conditions.
Dill for slimming
Dill is a food that can be easily consumed by people who want to gain weight control thanks to its very low calorie. Thanks to its fibrous structure, it helps to keep the satiety at the ideal level and it is proof that dill should be abundant in dietary meals. Therefore eating 1 tablespoon of dill before meals will help you get less calories by creating a feeling of satiety. To lose weight, dill is recommended to consume 1 tablespoon about 10-15 minutes before each meal. By adding dill into yoghurt and tzatziki in the snacks, the slimming process will be further increased thanks to the combination of the fat burning feature of the yogurt and the saturation of dill.