The benefits of chocolate
It is a sweet getaway especially consumed by women and children chocolate . Chocolate, which is a very rich food store in terms of protein, potassium, iron and carbohydrate, has been shown to have many health benefits as opposed to the known. Let’s get to know the chocolate more closely together , what is chocolate, what hormone activates chocolate, what diseases are good for chocolate, the benefits of chocolate and the damages of chocolate .
What is chocolate? How to Obtain
What is chocolate ? How to get it? The main ingredient in chocolate is cocoa. Cocoa plant belongs to the family of hibiscus, which belongs to the dicotyledonous class. The cocoa tree can be seen in lengths ranging from 4 to 15 meters in length. The largest producer country in the world is Côte d’Ivoire with a market share of 40%. Cocoa grows in the Andes region and around the Amazon and Orinoco Rivers. Cocoa tree is a plant that loves rain and mild climates. How to obtain chocolate to answer the question; firstly, cocoa beans, which have a bitter taste, are collected from the tree and fermentation process is performed. After fermentation, the bitter taste of cocoa seeds is removed. After drying, the cocoa seeds are roasted and floured into cocoa butter. Then grinding is done again. After the second grinding, cocoa powder is obtained. After all these processes, chocolate and cocoa powder are obtained by adding milk and sugar.
The Nutritional Value of Chocolate
Chocolate calorie value is quite high. If we examine the nutritional value of chocolate , we can see that it is rich in vitamins and minerals. There are 528 calories, 57 gr carbohydrates, 3.5 gr fiber, 4 gr protein, 35 gr fat, 270 mg potassium, 95 mg calcium, 1.5 mg iron and vitamins A, K, E in 100 grams of chocolate.
Which Chocolate Hormone Activates
It is a known fact that the name of chocolate is heard, it is seen itself and even the smell of chocolate has positive effects on people. Consuming chocolate also helps to secrete a hormone called endorphin, which gives people happiness and pleasure. Chocolate also stimulates sexual desire hormones by creating a natural aphrodisiac effect.
The Benefits of Chocolate
In general, chocolate is said to be harmful by people. However, chocolate provides many benefits to the human body when consumed correctly. Cocoa powder and cocoa butter are among the most useful foods. The main ingredient is cocoa, which contains the fat, nitrogen, fiber and many useful minerals for the body. The benefits of chocolate ;
- The benefits of chocolate to the brain and nervous system : The active ingredient of flovanol in chocolate improves brain functioning by providing more oxygen to the brain. Chocolate helps the vessels to the brain work better. Vascular blockage and brain hemorrhage preventive properties is very important for the benefit of chocolate to the brain and nervous system . In addition, chocolate provides the energy needed for healthy mind activities.
- The benefit of chocolate to vascular health : As a result of research has shown that cocoa and vascular and cardiovascular health provides significant contributions. It is known that chocolate as a benefit to vascular health prevents vascular occlusion, promotes blood flow and reduces the risk of heart attack. Chocolate also helps to lower the level of bad cholesterol and supports heart health.
- The benefit of chocolate to stress: A well-known fact is the benefit of chocolate . It has been shown that chocolate which has positive effects on nervous system eliminates bad thoughts and makes people happy. The soothing, relaxing ingredients in the cocoa in the chocolate content help to reduce stress and tension.
- The benefit of chocolate to blood pressure: Consumption of chocolate in appropriate amounts increases the level of nitric acid in the blood. Nitric acid prevents blood clotting and helps maintain blood pressure at ideal levels. Thanks to chocolate, proper blood pressure is provided in the body and the benefit of chocolate to blood pressure is largely realized.
- The benefit of chocolate to skin health: The fact that chocolate secretes happiness hormone is well known in the world. Another known fact is the benefit of chocolate to skin health . In fact, cocoa is used in cosmetic products such as cream, lotion or herbal skin masks and positive results are obtained.
- The benefit of chocolate to visual function: As a result of research conducted in the laboratory chocolate has been shown to benefit . It has been proved that flavanoids in the cocoa content accelerate the flow of blood in the veins leading to the brain and improve the visual abilities of the chocolate through healthy blood flow to the brain.
- The benefit of chocolate to blood sugar: Sugar free and bitter chocolate benefits to blood sugar is said by experts. Caffeine in dark chocolate acts as a natural stimulus to help stimulate bile secretion and insulin and neutralize blood sugar levels.
- Other benefits of chocolate: The other benefits of chocolate to list,
Provides the energy required for the body.
Provides calcium necessary for bone development,
Good for diarrhea,
Prevents the proliferation of cancer cells,
It is good for digestion problems thanks to the magnesium it contains, it is good for blood pressure thanks to the potassium it contains,
It shows disinfectant and antiseptic properties due to the copper it contains,
Creates a feeling of fullness,
Promotes immunity with high antioxidant content,
Provides mind alertness and clarity in memory,
Supports the regular functioning of the intestines,
Prevents formations such as stones and sand in the kidneys
It is diuretic,
Balances the acid level in the body.
Which Disease Is Good for Chocolate
Contrary to popular belief, chocolate has many positive contributions to human health. Now, chocolate which is good for diseases Let’s see the answer to the question together;
- Good for cardiovascular diseases.
- Improves kidney functioning.
- Good for muscle health.
- Useful for psychological diseases.
- Chocolate is good for the intestines.
- Chocolate is good for mind functions.
- Chocolate contributes to skin health.
- Removes eye defects and improves vision.
- Good for cholesterol.
- Good for cough and sore throat.
- It is diuretic.
- Good for bone diseases.
The Losses of Chocolate
Excessively consumed chocolate may be damaged . As with all foods, it is necessary to adjust the size well when consuming chocolate. In order to see the benefits of chocolate in the best way, it is recommended to use high quality chocolates produced without sugar, bitter and unadulterated. In addition, over-consumed chocolate can cause many health problems;
- It is a high-calorie food that causes weight gain.
- Excessive consumption can adversely affect dental health.
- Those with sensitive skin structure should consume carefully.
- Excessive consumption of dark chocolate, in particular, may lower blood sugar and cause fatigue.
- Excessive consumption of chocolate can cause problems such as headache and migraine.
- Consuming large amounts of chocolate can cause digestive problems and trigger constipation.
- Especially fatty, sugary and milk chocolate is not recommended to be consumed by people with obesity problems and diabetes.
In the consumption of chocolate, which has many health benefits, attention should be paid to both the size and the quality and structure of the chocolate. Especially children’s chocolate consumption should be kept under control. We would also like to remind you that people with diabetes, migraine and heart problems should get detailed information about the use of chocolate from their doctors.